Vacancy: Administrative Assistant to the Resident Twinning Adviser-EU Twinning Project
- THE JOB AND DURATION
An Administrative Assistant to the Resident Twinning Adviser is sought for an EU Twinning Project entitled “Strengthening the Institutional and Technical Capacity of the Malawi Energy Regulatory Authority (MERA)”. The project is implemented by Italian Energy Agency called Gestore Servizi Energetici (GSE), Eutalia Srl (Mandated Body) and Malawi Energy Regulatory Authority-MERA (Beneficiary Country).
The successful candidate will commence the job in June, 2023 for a period of 27 months up to August, 2025.
- RENUMERATION AND LOCATION
The position of Administrative Assistant to the Resident Twinning Adviser will attract a monthly salary of € 1000 and place of employment is Lilongwe, Malawi. The physical offices of EU Twinning Project are located in the Fourth Floor of the MERA Complex Head Office, Convention Drive, City Center, Lilongwe.
The suitable candidate must fulfil the following requirements: –
- Successfully accomplished higher education, preferably in fields related to the above-mentioned Twinning Project, namely Energy and Public Sector;
- Experienced Personal Assistant/Office Manager with accomplished personnel and administration skills;
- Fluency in English, written and spoken;
- Experience in project implementation and management, preferably in an international office or in the public administration sector.
- Proven organisational, administrative and management skills with the ability to identify priorities, apply initiative and adapt to rapidly changing circumstances;
- Proficient in drafting / report writing (English) and analytical skills, acquired through studies or professional experience;
- Advanced computer skills, including a first-class command of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in demanding situations with a willingness for hard work and to be flexible, as part of an international result-oriented team;
- Maturity of judgment and a problem-solving approach with the ability to work alone or with minimal supervision;
- Record of reliability and adaptability under pressure;
- Availability to travel in the country and abroad;
- High level of integrity
- Knowledge of Italian or other international language (spoken and written);
- Previous experience in similar position;
- Knowledge of issues related to European Union or international donors funded projects;
- Training or professional experience in an international environment;
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the key duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting the Resident Twinning Adviser (RTA) and other project experts in their day-to-day activities as Project Assistant;
- Providing management assistance (including standard office/secretarial activities);
- Providing support to RTA and other Twinning Experts, in terms of project assistance, as required;
- Supporting the RTA in implementing and applying Project administrative policies and procedures;
- Assisting the RTA in managing Project operational activities;
- Coordinating administrative activities with RTA and serving as focal point on all local administrative policies and procedures;
- Preparing and ensuring the accurate and timely processing of all administrative related documentation and maintaining all required accounting records;
- Scheduling and organizing meetings for RTA and and/or other experts at all levels;
- Assisting the RTA in communications, liaison and general working relations with the Beneficiary Country public offices and institutions, relevant to Project activities;
- Assisting in the organization of Twinning Official Functions, Conferences, Trainings, Seminars, Workshops, Study Tours and in all related administrative tasks;
- Providing support in making all travel arrangements, ticket booking, reservations, scheduling airport pickup and transportation needs for arrivals and departures of Project Experts, as required;
- Accompanying the RTA or other project experts to meetings, workshops and seminars and also on missions and field visits throughout the BC (beneficiary country), as required.
- Supporting the RTA in the drafting of studies and documents in areas covered by the Twinning (i.e. information collection, monitoring of activities etc.)
- Assisting the RTA in drafting the minutes of the Steering Committee Meetings and other Project meetings and editing any other material related to the Project;
- Providing general support for RTA and/or other experts with BC partners and/or authorities, with particular reference to the assistance and management of mission reports and other documents provided by them;
- Reviewing, translating and editing text relevant to the project (newsletters, press releases, PowerPoint presentations and documents) in English;
- Providing assistance to the RTA in liaising with Financial and Project Managers on all matters relating to administration and policy of Project;
- Maintaining Project records and sensitive files in direct and close cooperation with the RTA
- Preparing, reviewing, posting of financial, personnel and/or related documents and their dispatch to Project Management HQ
- Maintaining the stationary supplies and inventories;
- Handling public relations matters including organizing any Press Conferences – liaison for all media related activities;
- Maintaining a high level of ethical behaviour and acting in a non-discriminatory manner at all times;
- Respecting, actively supporting and, where appropriate, contributing to the overall aims and objectives of the Project;
- Following the Project policy on: behaviour, appearance, health, safety, security, payment regimes, and use of Project equipment etc;
- Maintaining confidentiality in all matters relating to the work of the Project.
5. SELECTION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE FOR THE SUBMISSION OF THE APPLICATION
How to apply
Applicants’ CV (Europass Format), cover/motivation letter in the English language and copy of Passport will be sent to the following e-mail addresses with object “TW0145-RTA-A” firstname.lastname@example.org
30 May 2023 Time: 18:00 italian local time (CET)
Should the CV’s arrive beyond the above-mentioned deadline, they will not be taken into consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed and invited to an interview.
Interviews will be held at MERA Head Office, Convention Drive, City Center in Lilongue, at the beginning of June 2023 (to be confirmed).
6. ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
- He/she will be contracted by the Member State Mandated Body Eutalia Srl.
- Applicants shall not have been involved neither in the selection process nor in the drafting of the Contract
- The RTA assistants may not have or recently (past 6 months) have had any contractual relation with the beneficiary administration that is the Public Administration of the Beneficiary Organisations(MERA).
- The assistant will sign a service contract and must have a status of self-employed. It will be his/her sole responsibility to comply with all legal requirements for self-employment as well as to cover all related taxes and charges.
By submitting the application, the candidate declares to know the content of the Art. 13-14 of the EU Regulation UE 2016/679 (GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION – GDPR) regulating the treatment of the personal data and authorizes Eutalia Srl to process his personal data for the exclusive use mentioned in the Decree.