Website Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Advanced HIV Disease Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
LocationMalawi – Lilongwe
Employment DurationFull time
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. EGPAF currently supports national, district, and local governments, facilities, communities, and non-governmental partners. In 2020, EGPAF’s global footprint spans 15 countries. To date, EGPAF has supported over 15,000 sites to offer HIV counselling, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services alongside high-quality family health care. Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence-based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 177 health facilities in nine districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) – funded Achieving HIV Epidemic Control through Scaling Up Quality Testing, Care and Treatment in Malawi.
EGPAF seeks to fill the following open position:
Position : Advanced HIV Disease Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Reports to : SI&E Director
Location : Lilongwe
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
The AHD Monitoring & Evaluation Focal Person is a well-trained, proactive and self-motivated individual who under the direct supervision and guidance of the SI&E Director will lead and provide state-of-the-art technical expertise to support program teams in monitoring and evaluating the implementation of EGPAF’s Advanced HIV Disease Project through development and utilization of a robust monitoring and evaluation (M&E) platforms to track progress over time and ensure the optimum use of data for decision making.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
M&E Planning, Data collection, Usage and Data Quality
- Develops and implements overall integrated M&E plan/framework for EGPAF Malawi AHD program through utilization of efficient and effective tools and systems for data collection, storage, analysis and visualization
- Leads the development and design of the tools and report formats including adaptation for digital platforms and use of MOH EMRS
- Conceptualize and execute advanced analyses which fully leverage the vast array of data assets available in country, both internal and external to EGPAF to improve use of AHD data.
- Strengthen EGPAF’s M&E frameworks and systems for both collecting and using data at all levels.
- Provide support with the adoption, integration and/or interoperability with other systems of electronic medical records (e.g. Point of care EMRS, eMastercard Applications and LIMS etc)
- Ensures integrity and accuracy of all AHD collected data and systematic data audit and follow up on action items.
- Lead in the design and implementation of AHD M&E systems
- Adapt and implement tools and techniques to improve the quality and use of data for decision making.
- Develop and implement a plan to improve M&E system for the AHD programs at central and district levels.
- Ensure Technical team develop log frames, monitoring and evaluations for innovations and pilot interventions to systematically inform scale up
- Drafts M&E sections of all donor reports, which includes extensive analysis of routinely collected data against preset targets and programmatically meaningful denominators
- Liaise with Evaluations and Technical team to document best practices and lessons learned across the programme for internal and external application
- Manage M&E Officer(s) by overseeing implementation of their individual annual work plans and ensuring their professional development
- Carry out any additional duties as assigned by SI&E Director.
Essential Management/Leadership skills
- Management experience in M&E preferable within HIV program
- Oversee the development and day-to day implementation of project’s work plans.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities almost simultaneously
- Works collaboratively across teams in the organization to promote data usage and overall evidence-based program management
To be successful, you will need to have:
- Minimum 4-7 years of relevant technical experience with master’s degree in public health, demography, project management/monitoring and evaluation, statistics or related fields or equivalent or a minimum 9 years of relevant technical experience with bachelor’s degree.
- At least 5 years working on monitoring and evaluation in the public health field; specific experience in AHD program would be additional value.
- Proven record in coaching and training.
- Experience working with the key stakeholders
- Strong analytical and planning skills, and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning
- Creative and innovative thinking, and attention to detail
- Good knowledge of statistical packages (STATA or SPSS) and business intelligent packages like Power Bi-will be tested
- Ability to lead and work in a team environment, but with self-sufficiency and self-motivation
- Comfortable working independently and developing new procedures and systems
Bonus Points if you Have:
- Thorough understanding of the functioning of Malawi health delivery systems, current health sector programs, strategies and implementation plans
- Experience with M&E in PEPFAR supported projects
- Experience with AHD projects/programs preferred
- Proficient in biostatics and working knowledge of statistical software packages
- Highly organized, meticulous and reliable
- Knowledge of quality assurance/quality improvement principles will be advantageous.
- The incumbent must have excellent numerical skills
- Ability to design, manage and present data and write technical reports
- Good interpersonal skills. Excellent oral and report writing and presentation skills
- Innovative and able to analyze and evaluate data to inform program design for effectiveness and efficiency
- Comfortable working independently and developing new procedures and systems
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B), and we strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: BIPOC (black, indigenous, and other people of color), women and non-binary, LGBT+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender), individuals with disabilities, and other members of historically underrepresented groups.
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact email@example.com.
Interested qualified candidates should send their expressions of interest, enclosing copies of their certificates and a detailed current Curriculum. Qualified women are encouraged to apply
To apply log onto EGPAF webpage: https://www.pedaids.org/about/careers
Closing Date: 27th September, 2023