Save the Children
Save the Children is inviting applications from suitably qualified personnel to fill the position of Agriculture & Marketing Field Monitor (1 position) for Titukulane Project to be based in Zomba. The project will be implemented in Zomba; covering all Traditional Authorities.
To help us track our recruitment/procurement effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (http://ntchito.com) you saw this posting
Working as a team member based in Zomba, Agriculture & Marketing Field Monitor will be responsible for delivery of marketing and general extension services to farmers. The extension activities will include organizing, mobilizing, sensitizing communities, and collaborating with government extension workers to train community extension volunteers. On marketing the incumbent will work to organize farmers across producer groups to respond to marketing demands in view of the promoted crop value chains.
In the event of a major climatic or environmental related emergency, the position holder will be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Please note that the positions are based in a local village community and would suit those who are currently living in or close to the implementing villages; or are comfortable to live there.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- A minimum of a Certificate in Agriculture, Natural Resources Management, Community Development or Rural Development or any other related field. Diploma and knowledge in DRR issues will be a plus
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in Agricultural Production activities
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving.
- Demonstrated commitment to develop, acquire, document and apply best practices in related fields, and apply solutions to obstacles.
- Proven ability to follow procedures, meet team objectives and work independently and cooperate with team members and diverse groups of people including government departments
- Valid motorcycle driving license
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills including facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated supervision skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.