Farm Radio Trust (FRT)
Farm Radio Trust (FRT) is a leading non- governmental organization dedicated exclusively to serving farming communities through the provision of ICT based information, communication, extension and advisory services in Malawi with a growing reputation and involvement in program and policy development processes across sub-Saharan Africa.
Job Title : Digital Extension Champions
Supervisor Title: Program Associate
Type of Employment: One Year Contract Position
Position Location: FRT District offices – Mangochi, Kasungu & Mzimba
The position will be responsible for ensuring that that there is increased technological usage that will lead to increased knowledge uptake/adoption of various agricultural technologies; through utilization of ICTs among smallholder farmers.
- Support activities of FOs through ICT hubs concept.
- Strengthening youth-led and women groups ICT hubs in technology adoption.
- Promote adoption of GAP and market led food systems.
- Support training of ICT hubs on knowledge uptake and utilization through ICTs.
- Supporting the identification of digital peer educators at EPA level.
- Supporting training of ICT hub in the use of digital platforms and tools to access agriculture information.
- Facilitating the collection of field data for effective decision making.
- Identification of challenges and new solutions in extension delivery through ICTs.
- Provide updates to AEDOs on digital extension services with ICT hubs.
- Ensure safe keeping of digital gadgets & assets and financial resources within their jurisdiction.
- Monitor the activities of impact ICT hubs and other ICT hubs within their locality.
- Production of regular implementation/progress reports.
Education and Experience
- A diploma in agriculture or any related field from LUANAR or institutions of higher learning for agriculture. Those with a bachelor’s degree will have an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Must be ready to stay and operate from an EPA level.
- Familiar with the use of ICTs in extension delivery
- Enthusiastic with an ability to learn and innovate
- Not more than 35 years old.
The Digital Champions will be recruited on an internship basis hence the internship policy will apply.
BENEFITS/REWARDS OF JOB:
FRT will offer competitive salary and related benefits commensurate with the positions and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CV with three traceable referees, and motivation letter highlighting relevant achievements to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position being applied for in the subject line.
The closing day for receiving applications is 22nd September 2023.
Due to the volume of applications FRT receives, FRT will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
FRT is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all qualified people. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.