Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
To help us track our recruitment/procurement effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (http://ntchito.com) you saw this posting
Banyan Global is recruiting a Finance and Administration (F&A) Manager the for the anticipated Learning to Perform Activity for the USAID Mission in Malawi. The F&A Manager will work closely with the Chief of Party to oversee contract operations, including financial management, human resources, procurement, and logistics. The position is full-time, based in Lilongwe, Malawi and is contingent on funding. Citizens of Malawi are encouraged to apply.
- Develop a USAID compliant Financial Management and Reporting system.
- Develop internal financial control measures for the award.
- Support the preparation and submission of monthly invoices and other financial reports as required and oversee USAID-required audits.
- Produce financial and budget reports, develop procedures and guidelines for all activities, monitor project budgets, maintain accurate financial records on project activities, and monitor transactions to ensure compliance with USAID regulations;
- Oversee recruitment of local staff and consultants and work with Banyan Global HQ and local labor lawyers to ensure HR processes and protocols comply with Banyan Global HR policies and local employment law;
- Lead the development of an employee handbook for the contract;
- Train project staff on relevant policies and procedures; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or similar field of study;
- Progressive demonstrated experience supervising project operations, including human resources, procurement, subcontracts or sub-awards, and accounting/finance;
- Demonstrated ability for developing and managing large budgets, and in-depth knowledge of USG Cost Accounting Standards; and
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and ability to work well on a team.
- Professional experience with USAID projects in Malawi
Applicants should submit their application with cover letter and resume on our website