About One Acre Fund
To help us track our recruitment/procurement effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (http://ntchito.com) you saw this posting
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Young Professionals Program
One Acre Fund’s Young Professionals Program offers high-performing African graduates meaningful internships and training opportunities at a high-performing, mission-driven organization. Our internships are paid and all interns can expect to receive substantive work assignments working on high-impact projects that support One Acre Fund’s operations.
When joining, interns will participate in an onboarding program and receive training on how to design and execute projects. Over the period of your internship, you will get the opportunity to work with like-minded individuals and receive learning opportunities to build strong foundations for your future career.
About the Role
We are looking for an intern to join our Impact Ventures team. The Impact Ventures team in Malawi identifies, tests, and rolls out both new and improved products and services for our farmers. Essentially, we think holistically about our program’s impact footprint and ways in which we can continue to maximize it.
This is an exciting role for someone who is interested in contributing to a lifetime of changes in the lives of farmers. The tree program empowers farmers to produce food in an environmentally sustainable manner. Impact Ventures is growing and expanding its operations every year. The Intern will have on-job mentorship and rise to the next level of professional and career growth.
We are seeking two young professionals in Forestry-related fields, experience leading teams and handling data. You will join a team serving over 150 000 farmers. You will grow professionally through on-job coaching and mentorship sessions!
- Overall, responsible for day to day operations of Tree program in the assigned district including;
- Support establishment of Tree Nurseries
- Recruitment of seasonal Field Assistant and Nursery Managers and Tree Group Leaders
- Support in data management; creating farmer database and creating Tree seedling Distribution Sheet
- Support in the creation and editing of training materials
- Lead tree seedling distribution activity
- Reconciliation of farmer database after distribution
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we deeply invest in our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training, and regular feedback on your performance. We’ll hold career reviews every one-three months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and gain rewarding technical experience.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Recent college graduates or young professional with Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Natural Resources Management, Community /Rural development, or any other related fields. Individuals who hold a Bachelor’s degree as of June 2019 are eligible for One Acre Fund internships/fellowships
- At least 1 year work experiences; examples summer jobs, internships, fellowships or research positions while at school.
- Leadership experience at work, school clubs, volunteer organizations etc.
- Strong interest in One Acre Fund’s work serving smallholder farmers.
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on varied tasks
- Good facilitation skills
- Fluent in English and Chichewa
- Motorcycle license is a must -Attach motorcycle license to application
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Interns will be provided with a reasonable stipend for the duration of their contract. Rural area based fellows will be provided assistance in locating suitable housing.
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Malawi.
We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed on a continuous basis until a hire is made.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.