The Local Government Service Commission is inviting applications from suitably qualified Malawians for the following vacancies existing on the establishment of various District Councils:
Post: Nutrition Officer
Reports to: Chief Education Officer
Applicants must be in possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in either in Human Nutrition or Food and Nutrition or Public Health Nutrition or Community Nutrition or Nutrition and Food Security obtained from an accredited institution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Nutrition Officer will work closely with Principal Nutrition. HIV and AIDS Officer and will
be responsible to carry out the following duties;
- Provide technical guidance to the Chief Education Officer on matters of nutrition within the district.
- Facilitate implementation and integration of nutrition in livelihood programmes within the
- Liaising with various departments within the sector in implementation of social protection programs, school health and nutrition services at district level;
- Support the dissemination of policies, guidelines and manuals in relation to nutrition in livelihood programmes and school health and nutrition at district and community levels;
- Facilitate mapping of schools implementing health and nutrition programmes;
- Participate in development consolidated work plan for integrated nutrition in SHN and social protection programmes.
- Provide technical support to implementing partners on matters of nutrition in livelihood and school health and nutrition programmes at district level;
- Conduct monthly monitoring and supervision to livelihood programmes, school health and
- Plan and conduct in-service training for extension staff on School Health and nutrition
- Participate and report on programme thematic area to DNCC
- Participate in development of district nutrition related implementation plans and other
strategic plans for the district
- Attend national meetings as required
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Applicants should submit their applications (quoting the vacancy reference number) before 8th June, 2022 together with copies of relevant certificates and Curriculum Vitae to:
The Executive Secretary
Local Government Service Commission
P. O. Box 766