Farm Radio Trust
Farm Radio Trust
Farm Radio Trust (FRT) is a leading non- governmental organization dedicated exclusively to serving farming communities through the provision of ICT based information, communication, extension and advisory services in Malawi with a growing reputation and involvement in program and policy development processes across sub-Saharan Africa.
Job Title : Program Officer – Agriculture/ Agri business
Supervisor Title: Director of Programs
Type of Employment: One Year Contract Position subject to on funding availability and performance.
Position Location: FRT National Offices (Lilongwe) with periodic field travel
This position is aimed at contributing towards achievement of the FRT vision of information for sustainable livelihoods through dissemination of sound, evidence-based and scientifically proven technologies and services in all fields of rural development.
The program officer shall lead the implementation of projects and agribusiness strategy to ensure high programmatic, technical and operational standards. He/she will ensure close coordination and collaboration with the relevant departments within FRT and other partners and act as liaison with project process stakeholders.
- Develop projects work plan in line with the donor.
- Provide oversight on day-to-day implementation of project activities
- Conduct community mobilization and needs assessments for partners and community structures
- Design and facilitate partner capacity building in the relevant trainings based on the results of needs assessment
- In liaison with finance department support the financial management, planning and implementation in line with agreed work plan
- Take a leading role in the project documentation of project progress reports (monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports donor reports and case studies).
- Support the Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist in undertaking project monitoring and evaluation activities in accordance with work plan and M&E plan, including field-based monitoring, and coordinating with partners conducting external M&E on project related activities
- In collaboration with ICT team ensure that ICT platforms for the project are operational and functional at all times including content
- In collaboration with Director of Business Services develop implementation plans of rolling out the Agri Business Strategy.
- Lead the development of agri business products and services for FHL.
- Develop agri business alliances and networks for the benefit FHL.
- In collaboration with Business Development Officer, develop Business to Business strategies.
- Represent FRT/FHL in managing networks and partnership with project partners.
Education and experience
- A minimum of degree in Agriculture, or Agribusiness
- In-depth understanding and experience in agricultural and agribusiness space is a requirement.
- Those with master’s degree will have a comparative advantage.
- At least minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in project management and implementation
- Experience in capacity development of national stakeholders.
- Proficiency skills in the usage of computers and office software packages.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and aptitudes
- Good communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, external partners and donors.
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills.
- Willing to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Team player, honest and commitment to gender equality
BENEFITS/REWARDS OF JOB:
FRT will offer competitive salary and related benefits commensurate with the positions and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CV with three traceable referees, and motivation letter highlighting relevant achievements to email@example.com quoting the position being applied for in the subject line.
The closing day for receiving applications is 22nd September 2023.
Due to the volume of applications FRT receives, FRT will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
FRT is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all qualified people. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.