- PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
To help us track our recruitment/procurement effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (http://ntchito.com) you saw this posting
The Market Dynamics team uses data to co-generate policies that increase the availability of health products and services. PATH is currently implementing two projects in Malawi that involve close collaboration with high level government stakeholders, donors, firms, and multilateral health organizations such as the WHO. The work is extremely fast paced and requires a dedicated self-starter individual who will hit the ground running. PATH seeks to identify and work with a dedicated intern with some level of understanding of health systems (especially respiratory care and maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH) medical devices), public policy, and economics, who will be able to work actively with the PATH team and engage stakeholders, facilitate collaborations and build networks with aligned actors in the health space.
PATH’s Market Dynamics program is currently recruiting for an Intern that is keen to work on PATH’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic and efforts to increase access to medical devices. With the guidance of the Market Dynamics Officer, the Intern will support the Medical Device Portfolio within the Market Dynamics Program in implementing (1) the Malawi Respiratory Care Program aimed at increasing safe access to oxygen therapy, and (2) the Market Dynamics for MNCH Medical Devices project, aimed at diagnosing key barriers to access for MNCH medical devices. The Intern to be hired will work with Market Dynamics staff in Malawi and PATH HQ teams to plan, implement interventions, advise on the best approaches, conduct analyses, and apply findings to address market failures that restrict access to life-saving products and interventions. He/she will lead collaborative efforts in health and respiratory care initiatives in the country and advise on effective decision making.
Period: 3 months, with possible extension subject to funding availability.
- Fulfill tasks set out by supervisors for the successful planning and implementation of project activities.
- Attend high level meetings with government officials and contribute to key decisions during the project implementation and take detailed notes.
- Organize, plan and coordinate workshops and trainings and ensure such meetings meet the intended purpose and prepare reports from the meetings for future planning and evaluation.
- Establish and manage relationships with implementing partners and departments within the ministry of health and the government of Malawi.
- Identify the need for new data, design tools, collect, manage data, analyze and prepare detailed reports with actionable outputs for the government of Malawi and partners.
- Provide full time support in planning and implementation of project activities and evaluate impact
- Support in identifying new possibilities and growth for the country office and potential donors for future projects.
- Be responsible and resourceful for personal and professional growth during the project period. Able to identify learning needs and make an educational plan with supervisors for maximum improvement during the internship period.
- Required Experience
- A recent graduate with a bachelors degree in nursing/medical/public health background or anything related.
- Eager to learn and work with various departments in the company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multitask.
- Cope well under pressure.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Malawi.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Job Location