Cardno International Development, a DT Global Company, invites applications for the following positions for an upcoming Program in Malawi: Senior Financial Management Specialist, Senior Accounting Specialist, Accountant, Financial Management Specialist, and Finance and Office Assistant. The Program will be funded by the Millennium Challenge Corporation, an indeppendent U.S. Govenrment foreign aid agency, and the Government of the Republic of Malawi. The Program is expected to focus on strengthening physical, economic and social infrastructure in the transport sector and increasing land efficiency through effective administration. The expected duration of the Program is for a period of six years.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Senior Financial Management Specialist will manage and execute financial management and disbursement activities and provide advice on financial matters of the Program.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Significant experience working as financial management professional (approximately 10 years or more) on projects financed by international donors
- Experience setting up a financial management operation and internal controls, developing and monitoring budgets, cash management, commitment management, payment operations and related tasks
- Demonstrated experience in the design, maintenance and use of automated financial management and accounting systems. Experience with SAP-based system is desirable
- Demonstrated financial management experience in projects dealing with transport, access to market and land reform, is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in finance, business, economics, or accounting
- Professional financial management / accountancy qualification or specialized training
- Excellent knowledge and experience in working with IFRS or U.S. GAAP
- Fluency in English – reading, writing, and speaking
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with high-level government officials
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel,
- Outlook, Word, Project, and PowerPoint
Special Instructions: To apply for any of the above positions, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the applicable position title and Malawi in the Subject line (for example, Accountant – Malawi). Deadline for submitting application is August 25, 2022.
Cardno International Development, a DT Global Company has partnered with governments, communities, and the private sector to deliver results for sustainable, empowered, and inclusive development.