Cardno International Development, a DT Global Company, invites applications for the following positions for an upcoming Program in Malawi: Senior Financial Management Specialist, Senior Accounting Specialist, Accountant, Financial Management Specialist, and Finance and Office Assistant. The Program will be funded by the Millennium Challenge Corporation, an indeppendent U.S. Govenrment foreign aid agency, and the Government of the Republic of Malawi. The Program is expected to focus on strengthening physical, economic and social infrastructure in the transport sector and increasing land efficiency through effective administration. The expected duration of the Program is for a period of six years.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Senior Procurement Specialist will plan, manage, execute, and coordinate tasks related to the procurement of goods, services, and civil works for the Program. The Senior Procurement Specialist will provide advice on the procurement activities, and provide contract administration services.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 10 years of experience working as a procurement professional
- Extensive knowledge of international development partner institutions’ procurement guidelines and procedures
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices in procurement procedures, and in project and contract management
- Experience and demonstrated ability in the development of procurement documents, i.e. bidding documents, evaluation reports, contracts, etc.
- Prior experience conducting procurements and contract administration of civil works. Prior experience with FIDIC-based work contracts
- Experience working on one or more of the following donors funded project: the World Bank, African Development Bank, USAID or MCC
- Experience working on projects dealing with transport, access to markets, and land reform, is desirable
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with high-level government officials
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in procurement, business, law, economics, finance, or public administration. Professional procurement qualifications or equivalent training is an added advantage. Registered Member of the Malawi Institute of Procurement and Supply (MIPS)
- Fluency in English – reading, writing, and speaking
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint. Prior experience with SAP system is an added advantage.
To apply for any of the above positions, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the applicable position title and Malawi in the Subject line (for example, Procurement Specialist – Malawi). Deadline for submitting application is August 25, 2022. Cardno International Development, A DT Global Company has partnered with governments, communities, and the private sector to deliver results for sustainable, empowered, and inclusive development.