Application Deadline: May 31, 2022.
Through its WIA 54 programme, WIA is committed to supporting 10,000 African women entrepreneurs by 2030 through training, mentoring, communication and access to finance. The goal is to contribute to the creation of 100,000 jobs and to contribute to the generation of $10 billion in revenue for the African economy by 2030.
To help us track our recruitment/procurement effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (http://ntchito.com) you saw this posting
The eligibility criteria:
- Business created or led by an African woman
- First traction on the market (sales, number of users, funds raised)
- Be part of one of the 8 categories (primary business category)
- 540 finalists from 54 African countries will be selected to participate in the bootcamp training and personalized mentoring programme, and will become part of the WIA community
- The best candidates at the end of the mentoring/pitch training phase will participate in the pitching phase which will gove them access to investors and “seed capital” (June 2023)
- 54 laureates will have the opportunity to join an MBA programme of WIA partner Honoris United Universities;
- 54 laureates will also benefit from a communication highlight worth €5,000 on the WIA social networks;
- 8 Revelations will benefit from a communication promotion worth €8,000;
- The Gold award will also receive a prize of €10,000
- Once pre-selected and placed in the appropriate training pathway, you will participate in a virtual orientation programme to learn more about the process and we will share with you the timelines and resources available for success.
- You will take part in our rigorous business management training and coaching sessions, which consist of a balanced mix of stand-alone online learning and webinar-style training.
- Weekly multiple choice questions will track your performance.
- At the end of the training phase, women entrepreneurs will again be pre-selected to participate in the mentoring phase.
- The mentoring phase will last six months and will allow the selected entrepreneurs to be accompanied by high-level mentors ready to help them combine all the learnings of the training into one coherent document: the business plan.
- Selected entrepreneurs will receive a business and financial plan template that will help them complete their business plan and then review it with their mentor.
- After the TRAINING and the PRESENTATION OF THE BUSINESS PLAN, the laureates will be able to move on to the next step: the PITCH COMPETITION
The pitch phase
- This will be a unique opportunity to demonstrate your business knowledge, convince the jury of the viability of your business, and raise funds!
- Innovative product, service or technology
- Proven business model scalability
- Strong growth potential
- Ambitious team with strong execution ability
- Market traction (revenue, number of users, funds raised)
- Potential impact in Africa
Applicants must complete the application form, which has several sections:
– personal information;
– information about the company.
The application will be done in 2 steps – the WIA team will get back to the pre-selected candidates after step 1.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Women in Africa (WIA) 54 Programme 2022